We help investors who want to protect, grow, and generate income from their investments for the reason of financial independence.
Our clients are people with 401ks, mutual funds, stocks, and retirement accounts that are motivated to grow their assets and at some point receive income from them. They know that the stock market is inherently risky so they want to work with someone who understands market trends and the importance of curtailing risk. Bottom line…they want financial independence!
Furthermore, I have the most success with clients that…
– Expect someone to pay close attention to their portfolio,
– Want a watch dog to mitigate the risks of a devastating bear market as much as possible while taking advantage of bull markets,
– Desire a professional relationship with clearly defined responsibilities, and MOST IMPORTANTLY
– Ultimately want financial independence derived from their investments.
So, if you are someone that wants to grow your assets for financial independence whether those assets are in a 401k, IRA, stock account, or otherwise – TAKE the first SMALL step…
1) Request a FREE, no obligation copy of my book, “Home Run Financial Planning.” A few things you will learn are how to organize and structure financial products in a way that helps clear the decision making process, the largest financial risks to consider, how to develop a financial vision, what areas of finance to start with, and much more! Just email me, I’ll make sure it gets mailed to you.
2) Sign up for the H.I. (Humble Investor) Bull / Bear Market Report to get my short and sweet rundown of last weeks market action, whether or not we are looking in the eyes of a bear market, the indexes I like, and the coming week’s game plan. Do it through the Subscribe Page.
Wishing you financial independence on your terms,
Adam Straseske, CMT
The main thrust is because the practice of humility is one of the most important, if not the most important, hallmarks when it comes to investing decisions and the execution of those decisions. Being humble can be the saving grace of a well thought out and executed investment blue print.
You see, a well thought out investment blue print has capital preservation of your investment dollars at the top of the list. One way to preserve capital is by cutting losses as quickly as possible. By doing this, you give yourself the opportunity to fight another day. So before you ever buy an investment, you have to ask yourself, “What if I’m wrong?” With too much ego and the absence of humility, the question is never asked. The ego maniac does not consider being wrong because they have never been wrong before…regardless of the cost.
The execution of selling for a loss can be difficult without humility because if you want to keep yourself right you can always justify it by saying “It is for the long-term,” or “You haven’t lost if you haven’t sold.” To take it a step further, you can even stay up late at night and find additional research that proves you are right and the market is wrong. When your ego is so large that you are certain about uncertainty, it is a recipe for disaster.
The absence of humility makes it difficult to sell when the market is moving against you. The longer the loss persists, the more damage it does to your capital and your emotional well-being making each additional investment decision harder and harder. The fact is, losses are part of investing. Nobody is right 100% of the time. Nobody. Knowing the fact that uncertainty is part of investing and that you could be wrong is a big key to investment success. The trick is to know when the investment is not working as planned and cutting bait quickly without hesitation or remorse.
The bottom line is that having humility helps you let the market work for you and realize quickly when it is not. The process is simple…create an investment program rooted in your investment philosophy aligned with your financial objectives, know before you purchase an investment what it will look like if it is working or not working, if it’s working…hold on, if it’s not working…get out and move on.
Be humble, be profitable, and sleep better.